nbn LIFT PHONES
The nbn (National Broadband Network) is upgrading existing phone networks in Australia. The move away from the old copper phone line network means the nbn installation will impact your building’s emergency lift phones, fire alarm panels, back to base security systems and landlines.
The emergency telephone line is vital to your lift’s safety and must function at all times, even in case of a power failure which cannot be guaranteed without an EMS wireless nbn migration solutions.
Here is what you need to know to keep your lift phone connected:
How will the nbn affect my lift phone?
The move away from copper phone lines to the nbn network means the nbn installation will impact your building’s emergency lift phones, fire alarm panels, back to base security systems and landlines.
Equipment connected over the nbn network will not work during power failure. Building owners need to install a wireless solution prior to nbn migration.
What do I need to do to be nbn ready?
- Register your lift phone with the nbn by visiting nbn Co Fire and Lift Register
- Check the planned installation timeframe with the nbn
- Order a wireless lift phone solution from EMS.
Do I need to change my current lift phone?
In most cases your existing equipment will remain compatible. EMS offers multiple solutions to meet individual requirements. Make an obligation free inspection to assess your existing equipment.
How long until I need to update my lift phone?
On average, disconnection will take place within 18 months after the nbn roll out at your location.
Who is responsible for new equipment and service charges?
The owner of the lift is responsible for all upgrades, modifications and service charges associated with the lift, unless otherwise stated.
Where do I find a lift phone solution?
EMS offer compliant and compatible emergency lift phone solutions.
Why would I choose an EMS nbn solutions?
The EMS solution is completely future-proof, featuring:
- Fail-safe battery backup
- Compatible with all wireless mobile networks in Australia
- Single or dual GSM
- Automatic fault notification options
- Options to suit FTTP, FTTN, FTTB and VoIP gateway connections
- Self testing and reporting in accordance with EN: 81-28
- Compatible with emFONE and all ACMA approved telephones
- Designed to operate LINE Powered Telephones
- Durable, self-contained wall cabinet
- Voice & SMS communication
- Remote management of the system by SMS
- Easy on site installation and maintenance
- 4 hours talk-time in the event of a power outage
FUTURE PROOF YOUR LIFT
The EMS solution is effortlessly future-proof. This means the equipment can be upgraded and continue to operate as mobile networks update their services in the future. The EMS nbn solution saves you the hassle and cost of replacing your wireless communication gateway as this progresses.
REQUEST AN OBLIGATION FREE INSPECTION
Get in touch with EMS Elevator Group on 1300 822 351 or send us an enquiry and we’ll be in contact.